What is Divorce Mediation?
The divorce process can be complex and stressful, especially if it involves contentious topics like child custody, alimony and child support. However, litigation does not have to be the endpoint of the dissolution of a marriage. Many couples choose divorce mediation to cooperatively and amicably resolve their dispute and reach an agreement before the court gets involved. Through mediation services, both parties work with an impartial mediator to create a legally binding agreement based on both parties needs and desires. New Jersey divorce & separation mediator Steven B. Menack has decades of experience in making divorce mediation as stress free as possible for the sake of both the couple and any children involved.
Our Divorce Mediation Services
In divorce mediation, Mr. Menack helps both parties reach a mutually satisfactory agreement on a variety of issues including:
As a divorce mediator, Mr. Menack will not represent either party but will instead act as a facilitator to assist both parties in reaching a fair and reasonable conclusion to all the issues in their case. If the parties can come to an agreement then the mediator will draw up a memorandum of the settlement terms. Finally, the couple can enter into a settlement agreement and pursue their divorce in an uncontested manner.
Learn more about uncontested divorce in New Jersey.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
There are several benefits of mediation services over a traditional divorce, including:
- Cost. Mediation costs much less than the traditional divorce process. Steven B. Menack charges no retainer fees.
- Time. While there is no rush and clients can go at their own pace, divorce mediation can be resolved in as little as 2 or 3 months, whereas traditional divorces can take over a year.
- Atmosphere. Hiring a neutral and experienced third party to mediate helps keep the deliberation calm and collected rather than hostile and adversarial, as can often happen while discussing a divorce settlement. This is especially important when children are involved, as a peaceful resolution can help avoid the trauma that can result from more contentious divorces.
Learn more about the NJ divorce mediation process.
Commonly Asked Questions About Divorce Mediation
We get a lot of questions from our New Jersey clients about the divorce mediation process. Here are some common questions we are asked:
- What is Divorce Mediation?
- How to Prepare for Divorce Mediation
- How Long After Mediation is Divorce Final?
- How to Get What You Want in Divorce Mediation
- How Much Does Divorce Mediation Cost?
- How Does Divorce Mediation Work?
- What Happens After Mediation in Divorce?
- How Long Does Divorce Mediation Take?
- How to Change a Divorce Mediator
- What to Ask when Interviewing a Divorce Mediator
- Are Mediated Divorces Records Public?
- How to Do Divorce Mediation with a Narcissist
- What to Ask for in Divorce Mediation
- How to Win Divorce Mediation
We can help you understand the divorce mediation process with answers to these questions and more.
Contact Steven B. Menack Today
Divorce mediation can be a positive and collaborative method of conflict resolution in the dissolution of a marriage. Mr. Menack is an experienced mediator that has helped over 5,000 clients over the last 25 years. Contact us today in order to find out more about our mediation services.
Read some of our online reviews.