Facing the end of a marriage is difficult enough under the best of circumstances. With the added stress of a global pandemic and stay-at-home orders affecting every aspect of daily life, it can become even more overwhelming. Fortunately, we are here to help you and your spouse through this challenging situation with comprehensive online divorce mediation services. Steven B. Menack has helped thousands of couples during his career, and has the skills and experience necessary to help you reach an amicable agreement on your divorce despite this difficult time.
Out of concern for our employees and clients during the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have been completing all meetings either by phone or through online divorce mediation via video conferencing. Because we are a tech-forward professional practice, we have full capability to complete all aspects of your divorce mediation session remotely and seamlessly. All legal documents, including formal agreements and court pleadings, can be completed and signed without having to meet in person. The vast majority of our clients welcome this convenient option for being able to move forward with their desired arrangements safely and securely, without exposing themselves and their families to the ongoing pandemic.
How Will COVID-19 Affect Our Divorce?
COVID-19 has changed our lives dramatically in just a short period of time, and divorcing couples in New Jersey are under a great deal of stress due to unforeseen circumstances. Many people have questions about how COVID-19 will affect the terms of their divorce, such as:
- You may be concerned about parenting time and child custody arrangements. There may be potential co-parenting issues that might arise from social distancing or quarantines.
- You may be wondering about how the steep market losses will impact your settlement agreement.
- You might also be concerned how current work restrictions and reduced incomes will affect your cash flow and support arrangements.
Our goal is to help you and your spouse address these concerns and more while reaching an amicable agreement during this difficult and uncertain time.
Our Virtual Divorce Mediation Services
In virtual divorce mediation, Steven B. Menack helps both parties reach a mutually satisfactory agreement on a variety of issues online through video conferencing. Today’s technology has made it convenient to arrange meetings without all parties sitting in the same room, and we take steps to ensure that online mediation is just as effective and productive as in-person mediation. Issues discussed during virtual divorce meditation include:
As a divorce mediator, Mr. Menack will not represent either party but will instead act as a facilitator to assist both parties in reaching a fair and reasonable conclusion to all the issues in their case. If the parties can come to an agreement then the mediator will draw up a memorandum of the settlement terms. Finally, the couple can enter into a settlement agreement and pursue their divorce or legal separation in an uncontested manner.
- Read our Comprehensive Guide to Divorce Mediation and Legal Separation in New Jersey
- Learn more about uncontested divorce in New Jersey.
- Learn more about legal separation in New Jersey.
Benefits of Online Divorce Mediation
There are several benefits of online mediation via video conferencing over a traditional divorce, including:
- Cost. Online divorce mediation costs much less than the traditional divorce process. Steven B. Menack charges no retainer fees.
- Time. While there is no rush and clients can go at their own pace, online divorce mediation can be resolved in as little as 2 or 3 months, whereas traditional divorces can take over a year.
- Atmosphere. Hiring a neutral and experienced third party to mediate helps keep the deliberation calm and collected rather than hostile and adversarial, as can often happen while discussing a divorce settlement. This is especially important when children are involved, as a peaceful resolution can help avoid the trauma that can result from more contentious divorces.
Learn more about the NJ divorce mediation process.
Frequently Asked Questions about Online Divorce Mediation
How Does Online Divorce Mediation Work?
Our online divorce mediation via video conferencing works the same way that our normal divorce mediation sessions do, with Steven B. Menack guiding couples through discussions and negotiations necessary for reaching an agreement in an uncontested divorce. The only difference is that instead of all parties being in the same room, the session is held online with easy-to-use technology.
Do My Spouse and I Need to Be In the Same Room?
No, unless you want to be. Stay-at-home orders and social distancing has made it difficult for some couples to meet in person for divorce mediation, which is why video conferencing is an easy, convenient option for couples in two different locations.
Is it Easy to Set Up?
Yes, online divorce mediation is very simple to get set up. If you are using a laptop or desktop computer, you will only need to log into a website (We will send you the link and login information). If you’re using a tablet, you will need to download a free app, and we will be happy to provide instructions.
Will Online Divorce Mediation Work With Our Schedule?
We know that during this difficult situation people are busy working from home, taking care of their children, and dealing with changes to their routine, sometimes in two separate locations, so we are happy to find a meeting time that accommodates you and your spouse’s schedule.
Who is a Good Candidate for Online Divorce Mediation?
Online divorce mediation is a great solution for couples who are interested in making their own decisions during the divorce, willing to attend and participate in mediation, and able to be honest and transparent with each other to reach a mutually beneficial decision.
Contact Steven B. Menack to Discuss Online Divorce Mediation Via Video Conferencing
Online divorce mediation via video conferencing can be a positive and collaborative method of conflict resolution in the dissolution of a marriage, especially during these stressful times. Mr. Menack is an experienced mediator that has helped over 5,000 clients over the last 25 years. Contact us today in order to find out more about our online mediation services.